AFFECTINGCHANGE was established in 2010 to enable change-making organizations to create high-performance facilities. These facilities will seek to enable a flourishing future to emerge.
Our clients include architects, designers, and agencies working in the “built environment” and change-making organizations that want a high-performance facility. We landed on the name, “AFFECTINGCHANGE,” as we are well known for our ability to “affect” how change happens and for revealing the opportunities for making conscientious choices on their projects.
As we help organizations create facilities conducive to mission accomplishment, we conscientiously redesign their environmental impact and reduce their emission footprint.
With projects flung across the globe, we have won more than 75 awards.
Contact us today to learn how you can create the change you want to see in the world.
Sandra Leigh Lester
BTech.Arch.Sci., MCOD, ARIDO, IDC, ZIN, PTS, CSBA, LEED AP BD+C
Founder and CEO
Sandra combines unique technical knowledge with the educational background to effect change management.
Bachelors of Technology in Architectural Science, Ryerson University
Masters Certificate in Organization Development from Schulich
Certificate in Change Management from the Canadian Organizational Development Institute (CODI)
NCIDQ-certified and Registered Interior Designer (ARIDO IDC)
LEED-accredited Professional in Building Design and Construction (LEED AP BD+C)
Certified Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS)
Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA)
• HOK Architects
• Perkins+Will Architects
• LAT49 Architects
• Colleges Ontario
• The Atmospheric Fund
• Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
• Ministry of Health and Longterm Care
• Ministry of Infrastructure
• Humber River Hospital
• Shorefast Foundation (Fogo Island Inn)
• The City of Toronto
• The Government of Ontario
• The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
Aided in the creation of the $500 million Low-Carbon Innovation Fund for the retrofit of College and Universities across the Province.
• Visiting Professor and Adjunct at the University of Manitoba
• Lead Instructor, Certified Sustainable Building Advisor Course, Canada Green Building Council
• Part-time Instructor, University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
• Part-time Instructor, Ryerson University